What is Dispensation? A period of time, during which man has been tested with respect to his obedience to some specific revelation of the will of God. There are 7 dispensations in the Bible.
During those periods of time, man has been tested and tried on the presence of Obedience, and in every case, man has failed. Man is a sinner and If you are saved we are in a constant battle with our old flesh.
The 7 dispensations in the bible are:
- Dispensation of Innocence
- Dispensation of Conscience
- Dispensation of Government
- Dispensation of Promise
- Dispensation of Law
- Dispensation of Grace (we are in this now)
- Dispensation of Millennial Kingdom of Christ
Dispensation #6 Age of Grace. To Believe in Jesus, The Son of God (John 3:18)
- We are now in the age of Grace
- No one knows when this period of Grace will end.
- A new covenant in Christ’s blood. Luke 22:20 Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.
- This age occurs between the 69th and the 70th week. Daniel 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
- In 1 Thessalonians 4, it tells us this age started with the coming of the Spirit on the day of Pentecost and ends with the Rapture.
- World wide
- Includes Jews and Gentiles
The point of learning about the dispensational truths is to be able to rightly divide the word of truth. You can not understand the bible if you don’t understand the dispensational truths. You will get confused and find contradictions. If you find contradictions then you are wrongfully dividing the word of truth. The bible does not contradict itself.
Ask yourself when reading:
- Who is speaking
- Who is he speaking too?
- When did he say that? What age?
- What was it he said?
(For more information on these go to https://www.gotquestions.org/seven-dispensations.html